I'm going to start trying to post quick daily hits (during the week, that is; I like to relax really hard during the weekends) in addition to my occasional longer piece. It'll just be things I think and stuff I find, and hopefully it provides some entertainment and reading material for people throughout their day. Maybe down the road, if more than like eight people are reading these, I'll turn it into a newsletter or something. But yeah, here's today's.
1. Like a lot of people, I'm pretty scared about race relations in our country right now. I don't have some new or groundbreaking insight to offer on it; I just want us to figure out how to treat each other wonderfully. I bring it up because this masterful and eye-opening piece by Vice News made my jaw drop. It's scary:
2. Speaking of eye-opening, check out this ridiculous statistic from the Washington Post.
3. In other news, the International OCD Foundation picked up an Abell Cable piece!
4. Here's a fact: If you want to see an exercise in absolute futility and ineptitude, ask me to go ahead and put some Saran Wrap around the leftovers.
5. One of my absolute favorite sites for finding high-quality reads: longform.org.
6-9. "Sixty-nine" still strikes me funny.
10. The Up and Vanished podcast is not only addicting and important for the execution of justice, but it's pretty cool that one random dude just decided he wanted to do a podcast like Serial and went on to create the #2 podcast on the Apple charts. That he did so is inspiring.